Merlin Bike Gear
Shenstone Air Cotec D3O® Men's Olive Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket
with D3O® armour
The Merlin Shenstone Air motorcycle jacket is part of their Tech Wax Heritage Collection, and has rider comfort at its core.
Focused on providing superior airflow in warmer climates, Shenstone Air has mesh panelling front and back to drag in cool air to the body, making it a great option for a summer motorcycle jacket. If an unexpected rain shower should appear, the Reissa waterproof and breathable membrane can be easily zipped in.
Shenstone Air is made from Cotec, a lightweight Merlin-exclusive waxed cotton developed in collaboration with Halley Stevensons®, which gives riders the wax cotton look minus the waxy handle. Pre-fitted with a suite of D3O® armour to the shoulders, elbows and back, this versatile waxed cotton motorcycle jacket is the perfect all-season option.
- Halley Stevensons® technical wax fabric Cotec® outer
- Ballistic mesh panels for high levels of breathability and cooling
- Removable Reissa® active waterproof and breathable membrane
- D3O® LP1 removable shoulder & elbow & back armour
- D3O® Viper Stealth removable back protector
- Fixed mesh lining
- Diamond stitched overlay detailing
- YKK® zippers used throughout
- Two chest patch pockets
- Two side entry pockets
- Internal storage pockets
- Adjustable bicep, cuff & hem
- Reflective stripe to rear of collar
- Merlin branded antique brass finish hardware
- Short jacket-to-jean connecting zipper
- Euro hoop jacket-to-jean connecting strap
- Merlin logo on sleeve
- CE EN17092 Level AA Garment
- Also available in black
Note: Delivery of this item can take 8-10 working days.
Merlin Bike Gear
Men's Garment Size Guide
How to Measure Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal.
How to Measure Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the naval, keeping the tape horizontal.
You will see that different garments have different sizing designations, either alpha or numeric. Leather garments have numeric designations, such as 42″ for men or 14 for ladies. With less flexibility and room to adjust the fit, the leather is very specific in size.
The textile garments usually include bicep, forearm, waist and hem adjustment points, giving riders the option to truly tailor their fit. As a result, textile designation is alpha – Small, Medium, Large etc. This more generic size designation is great for the versatility of layering and fit.
Merlin Bike Gear
Waxed Cotton Care Instructions
- Lightly brush off any dirt or soil, and if necessary, use a cold damp cloth to wipe down the jacket. Clean your jacket regularly to maintain its appearance but go easy as the wax will be removed. Dried mud, sand or grit are abrasive to the wax, especially along inner sleeve seams and this is the reason why we recommend brushing off regularly
- Re-wax the jacket when the jacket loses its waxed appearance/finish and water stops beading and instead soaks into the cotton. Use a waxed cotton dressing tin and heat the tin of reproofing wax so that it becomes pliable and easy to apply. You can place the tin into a pan of hot water and warm it gently. Evenly apply the wax with a lint-free cloth, paying attention to seams.
- Allow the wax to settle and dry slightly and remove any excess build-up. Use a hairdryer to melt the wax into the jacket- allowing an even spread of wax.
- Allow the jacket to dry in a well-ventilated area for 24 hours.
- Do not machine wash or tumble dry. Do not iron. Do not wipe with hot water. Avoid soap and detergents unless the garment is particularly dirty and you need to get rid of these dirt/gnat marks before re-waxing.
- Keep your jacket stored on a hanger to maintain its shape and appearance.
- Liners too can be spot cleaned using a gentle process of sponging/cloth wiping (lint-free) with a neutral soap the inside fixed liner whether that mesh or cotton. Do not heavily saturate the area and allow the garment to dry by hanging in a well in a ventilated area, away from a direct heat source (e.g. sun/radiators) and if possible, on a suitable hanger or airer.
"Merlin product should always exceed your expectations. This new standard of motorcycle clothing redefines rider comfort, performance and style."
Free shipping on orders over $250.
Flat rate shipping of $8 for all other orders.
Delivery will typically arrive within 2-4 business days to metro areas.
Shipping rates are calculated at the checkout.
Delivery will typically arrive within 4-14 business days to metro areas.
R E T U R N S . P O L I C Y