Merlin Bike Gear
Mahala D3O® Men's Olive Cordura® Explorer Motorcycle Jacket
with D3O® armour
With versatility and rider comfort at its core, Mahala ensures you can head on or off the beaten track no matter what the weather throws at you.
Constructed from abrasion-resistant Cordura®, it has received a DWR treatment to ensure water repellency. Mahala is backed by a Reissa® Active waterproof drop membrane and 125g thermal liner, which can be removed if the temperature rises. A Cordura® neck scarf keeps drafts from entering at the top, but this can be detached if necessary.
A seven-piece D3O® armour set is fitted to the shoulders, elbows, back and chest as standard. Three pockets on the front combine with internal storage to offer plenty of space to carry smaller items, while the two bottom pockets act as hand warmers with magnetic button closures.
As with all Merlin jackets, these can be attached to any Merlin trousers. Designed to perfectly partner with the Mahala trousers range to create a versatile suit.
Note: Delivery of this item can take 8-10 working days.
- Cordura® cotton outer with DWR water repellent treatment
- Reissa® waterproof and breathable drop membrane
- Removable 125g thermal full body liner
- Removable Cordura® neck scarf
- Removable D3O® LP1 shoulder & elbow armour
- Removable D3O® Viper Stealth back protector
- Removable D3O® chest protectors
- Bicep, waist and hem adjustment points
- Ventilation points at front & back
- Sculpted front hem
- Zipped hem opening
- Utility strap at chest
- High quality YKK zippers used throughout
- Three front patch pockets
- Internal storage pocket
- Merlin branded snap studs
- Short jacket-to-jean connecting zipper
- CE EN17092 Level AA Garment
- Also available in sand
Merlin Bike Gear
Men's Garment Size Guide
How to Measure Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal.
How to Measure Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the naval, keeping the tape horizontal.
You will see that different garments have different sizing designations, either alpha or numeric. Leather garments have numeric designations, such as 42″ for men or 14 for ladies. With less flexibility and room to adjust the fit, the leather is very specific in size.
The textile garments usually include bicep, forearm, waist and hem adjustment points, giving riders the option to truly tailor their fit. As a result, textile designation is alpha – Small, Medium, Large etc. This more generic size designation is great for the versatility of layering and fit.
Merlin Bike Gear
Textile Care Instructions
- Remove all protective armour from the shoulder, elbows and back by opening the velcro pocket holding the armour in place and sliding it out. Unzip any removable inner liners.
- Agitate any especially dirty areas with a brush/cloth (lint-free).
- Ideally, hand wash your jacket with a mild or diluted detergent (without any bleach) in slightly warm water. This gentle wash prevents damage to any mesh or waterproof membranes.
- As an additional and optional treatment use a water repellent wash/spray such as Nikwax to add further water repellency to the outer garment.
- Hang dry the garment out of direct sunlight but in a warm location and never use a machine dryer to dry the garments.
- Once dry replace all armour and liners.
- Liners too can be spot cleaned using a gentle process of sponging/cloth wiping (lint-free) with a neutral soap the inside fixed mesh lining. Do not heavily saturate the area and allow the garment to dry by hanging in a well in a ventilated area, away from a direct heat source (e.g. sun/radiators) and if possible, on a suitable hanger or airer.
"Merlin product should always exceed your expectations. This new standard of motorcycle clothing redefines rider comfort, performance and style."
Free shipping on orders over $250.
Flat rate shipping of $8 for all other orders.
Delivery will typically arrive within 2-4 business days to metro areas.
Shipping rates are calculated at the checkout.
Delivery will typically arrive within 4-14 business days to metro areas.
R E T U R N S . P O L I C Y