Merlin Bike Gear
Hixon Men's Black Leather Motorcycle Jacket
with removable armour
We love a good all-round riding season leather jacket and Merlin have given us just that with the Hixon, it's no wonder it's been a staple in their collection for many years.
The jacket is constructed with a soft and supple leather that will only get better with age. In addition to the abrasion resistance of the leather, you also have shoulder and elbow armour included with the option to upgrade with back armour.
Wear it all year round thanks to the removal thermal vest and the ventilation points and wear it for years to come thanks to it's classic vintage design.
- 1.2-1.3mm cowhide leather outer
- Removable 100g cross quilt gilet thermal liner (vest)
- Removable shoulder and elbow armour
- Back armour pocket (back armour sold separately)
- Mesh drop liner for improved breathability and comfort
- British Marton Mills® Tartan liner trim
- Twin chest ventilation points
- Diamond stitched & retro stripe detailing
- YKK® zippers used throughout
- Two lower front pockets
- Internal pockets
- Short jacket-to-jean connecting zipper
- Merlin logo on chest
- CE EN17092 Level AA Garment
- Also available in brown
Note: Delivery of this item can take 8-10 working days.
Merlin Bike Gear
Men's Garment Size Guide
How to Measure Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal.
How to Measure Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the naval, keeping the tape horizontal.
You will see that different garments have different sizing designations, either alpha or numeric. Leather garments have numeric designations, such as 42″ for men or 14 for ladies. With less flexibility and room to adjust the fit, the leather is very specific in size.
The textile garments usually include bicep, forearm, waist and hem adjustment points, giving riders the option to truly tailor their fit. As a result, textile designation is alpha – Small, Medium, Large etc. This more generic size designation is great for the versatility of layering and fit.
Merlin Bike Gear
Leather Care Instructions
- Most importantly do not let dirt build up on your gear.
- Using a sponge or lint-free clean cloth and cold water with a little neutral soap as detergent and wipe the garment down, without saturating the leather hide.
- Specialist pH neutral leather cleaners can be applied but should be tested in an inconspicuous area first.
- Let the garment dry in a well-ventilated area, away from a direct heat source (e.g. sun/radiators) and if possible, on a suitable hanger or airer.
- Liners too can be spot cleaned using the same process (sponge/cloth with a neutral soap)
If you own one of the Hixon, Alton, Stockton or Mia garments these should be cared for differently to the advice above. The leather in those styles is classed as ‘naked’ and therefore we advise that you do not have to use a specialist cleaner at all and because of the naked finish which will absorb moisture very easily, looking to buy an aniline leather cleaner and then an aniline leather guard/protector would be the best option. You can also buy aniline moisturiser independently to put moisture back into the leather at longer intervals. These products should be tested in an inconspicuous area first before applying to the entire garment. Mink oil is a further alternative suggestion, but this can darken the garment due to the natural absorption of a naked leather.
"Merlin product should always exceed your expectations. This new standard of motorcycle clothing redefines rider comfort, performance and style."
Free shipping on orders over $250.
Flat rate shipping of $8 for all other orders.
Delivery will typically arrive within 2-4 business days to metro areas.
Shipping rates are calculated at the checkout.
Delivery will typically arrive within 4-14 business days to metro areas.
R E T U R N S . P O L I C Y