Merlin Bike Gear
Harriet II Cotec D3O® Women's Motorcycle Jacket
with D3O® armour
The second generation of the popular women’s specific technical waxed cotton, Harriet jacket has arrived. Improvements are vast and range from design and fit improvements to smaller trim and accessory improvements. With the greatest features of Merlin's first-generation technical waxed cotton these updates make the Harriet even more refined. Constructed from 8oz Cotec, this Halley Stevensons®-Merlin collaboration fabric remains exclusive to Merlin and is half the weight but twice the strength of their traditional waxed cotton. Harriet II makes use of Outlast® temperature regulating technology within the thermal liner, which can be zipped out if necessary and the garment has even better breathability with an up-spec Humax waterproof membrane.
Merlin's Heritage Collection seamlessly blends classic styling with modern protection to create a versatile selection of motorcycle clothing. They use a range of different market-leading materials to ensure the highest quality. Combining the best of British-made motorcycle clothing, the Heritage line offers a wide variety for every rider.
- 8oz Halley Stevensons® Cotec waxed cotton outer
- Texland™ Humax® 15k/10k waterproof/breathable membrane
- Outlast® temperature regulating removable thermal liner
- D3O® LP1 removable shoulder and elbow armour
- Back armour pocket (back armour sold separately)
- British Marton Mills® Tartan liner trim
- YKK® zippers used throughout
- Leather piped collar, cuffs and pocket edges
- Corduroy collar and cuffs
- Two chest patch pockets with expansion pleat
- Two lower waterproof pockets with expansion pleat
- Inside facing jet pocket
- Internal pockets
- Coin stash pocket on forearm
- NightGloss® reflective turn up on collar
- Ventilation points front and rear
- Side entry hand warmer pockets with magnetic closure
- Pinch closure centre front snap studs
- Diamond quilted arms, chest and elbows
- Cuff and bicep snap stud fit adjusters
- Double waist adjustment point for better fitting
- Merlin branded antique brass finish hardware
- Fold back collar strap
- Short jacket-to-jean connecting zipper
- Euro hoop jacket-to-jean connecting strap
- CE EN17092 Level AA Garment
Note: Delivery of this item can take 8-10 working days.
Merlin Bike Gear
Women's Garment Size Guide
How to Measure Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal.
How to Measure Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the naval, keeping the tape horizontal.
You will see that different garments have different sizing designations, either alpha or numeric. Leather garments have numeric designations, such as 42″ for men or 14 for ladies. With less flexibility and room to adjust the fit, the leather is very specific in size.
The textile garments usually include bicep, forearm, waist and hem adjustment points, giving riders the option to truly tailor their fit. As a result, textile designation is alpha – Small, Medium, Large etc. This more generic size designation is great for the versatility of layering and fit.
Merlin Bike Gear
Waxed Cotton Care Instructions
- Lightly brush off any dirt or soil, and if necessary, use a cold damp cloth to wipe down the jacket. Clean your jacket regularly to maintain its appearance but go easy as the wax will be removed. Dried mud, sand or grit are abrasive to the wax, especially along inner sleeve seams and this is the reason why we recommend brushing off regularly
- Re-wax the jacket when the jacket loses its waxed appearance/finish and water stops beading and instead soaks into the cotton. Use a waxed cotton dressing tin and heat the tin of reproofing wax so that it becomes pliable and easy to apply. You can place the tin into a pan of hot water and warm it gently. Evenly apply the wax with a lint-free cloth, paying attention to seams.
- Allow the wax to settle and dry slightly and remove any excess build-up. Use a hairdryer to melt the wax into the jacket- allowing an even spread of wax.
- Allow the jacket to dry in a well-ventilated area for 24 hours.
- Do not machine wash or tumble dry. Do not iron. Do not wipe with hot water. Avoid soap and detergents unless the garment is particularly dirty and you need to get rid of these dirt/gnat marks before re-waxing.
- Keep your jacket stored on a hanger to maintain its shape and appearance.
- Liners too can be spot cleaned using a gentle process of sponging/cloth wiping (lint-free) with a neutral soap the inside fixed liner whether that mesh or cotton. Do not heavily saturate the area and allow the garment to dry by hanging in a well in a ventilated area, away from a direct heat source (e.g. sun/radiators) and if possible, on a suitable hanger or airer.
"Merlin product should always exceed your expectations. This new standard of motorcycle clothing redefines rider comfort, performance and style."
Free shipping on orders over $250.
Flat rate shipping of $8 for all other orders.
Delivery will typically arrive within 2-4 business days to metro areas.
Shipping rates are calculated at the checkout.
Delivery will typically arrive within 4-14 business days to metro areas.
R E T U R N S . P O L I C Y