Merlin Bike Gear
Axe Men's Green Check Flannel Motorcycle Riding Shirt
with DuPont™ Kevlar® Fibre lining
Offering unrivalled durability, the Axe riding shirt has been designed to look at home anywhere. The premium cotton flannel is backed by a full Kevlar® protective lining as well as Level 1 CE-approved armour to the shoulders and elbows. Back armour upgrade available. Axe is easy-to-wear and looks great both on and off the bike – the difficult part is choosing between the many classic colours available!
Part of the Merlin Leisure Moto Collection. Designed to bring the best of protective motorcycle clothing together with the latest fashion trends, the Merlin Leisure Moto Collection offers a head-to-toe urban motorcycle clothing solution. Constructed using only the finest materials, such as Kevlar®, Leisure Moto encompasses riding hoodies and shirts, denim motorcycle jeans and casual motorcycle boots. Featuring styles that look just as home off the bike as they do on, Leisure Moto helps the rider effortlessly transition between motorcycle and everyday situations.
Note: Delivery of this item can take 8-10 working days.
- High quality checkered flannel outer
- Mesh lining for improved comfort
- Fully lined with DuPont™ Kevlar® fibre throughout
- Removable CE Approved Level 1 shoulder and elbow armour
- Back armour pocket (back armour sold separately)
- Silver snap studs
- YKK® zipper front closure
- Two chest pockets
- Internal storage
- Snap down collar
- YKK® jacket to jean connection zipper
- Euro jacket to jean connector hoop
- Available in other colours
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
Merlin Bike Gear
Men's Garment Size Guide
How to Measure Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest, under the armpits, keeping the tape horizontal.
How to Measure Waist: Measure around the natural waist line, inline with the naval, keeping the tape horizontal.
You will see that different garments have different sizing designations, either alpha or numeric. Leather garments have numeric designations, such as 42″ for men or 14 for ladies. With less flexibility and room to adjust the fit, the leather is very specific in size.
The textile garments usually include bicep, forearm, waist and hem adjustment points, giving riders the option to truly tailor their fit. As a result, textile designation is alpha – Small, Medium, Large etc. This more generic size designation is great for the versatility of layering and fit.
Merlin Bike Gear
Textile Care Instructions
- Remove all protective armour from the shoulder, elbows and back by opening the velcro pocket holding the armour in place and sliding it out. Unzip any removable inner liners.
- Agitate any especially dirty areas with a brush/cloth (lint-free).
- Ideally, hand wash your jacket with a mild or diluted detergent (without any bleach) in slightly warm water. This gentle wash prevents damage to any mesh or waterproof membranes.
- As an additional and optional treatment use a water repellent wash/spray such as Nikwax to add further water repellency to the outer garment.
- Hang dry the garment out of direct sunlight but in a warm location and never use a machine dryer to dry the garments.
- Once dry replace all armour and liners.
- Liners too can be spot cleaned using a gentle process of sponging/cloth wiping (lint-free) with a neutral soap the inside fixed mesh lining. Do not heavily saturate the area and allow the garment to dry by hanging in a well in a ventilated area, away from a direct heat source (e.g. sun/radiators) and if possible, on a suitable hanger or airer.
"Merlin product should always exceed your expectations. This new standard of motorcycle clothing redefines rider comfort, performance and style."
Free shipping on orders over $250.
Flat rate shipping of $8 for all other orders.
Delivery will typically arrive within 2-4 business days to metro areas.
Shipping rates are calculated at the checkout.
Delivery will typically arrive within 4-14 business days to metro areas.
R E T U R N S . P O L I C Y