Merlin Bike Gear
Riding Jeans Care Instructions
- Before washing, remove all the impact protector from the hip and/or knee. Turn the jeans inside out and close up any zippers and/or buttons ready for washing.
- Using a neutral/mild or diluted detergent (without any bleach) machine wash the jeans in a gentle cycle, separate to other items.
- Do not use any fabric softener in the washing process.
- Hang dry the garment out of direct sunlight but in a warm, well-ventilated location and never use a machine dryer to dry the garment.
- Once dry, fit the armour back into the denim jeans
This process should not be applied to a jean with a waterproof membrane for example Mason, where a hand wash should be carried out.
Jeans carrying a DWR or Huntsman water repellent treatment can be washed using the advice above, but after 20 washes a water repellent treatment (For example, Nikwax) should be reapplied to maintain the efficiency of the repellency.